The last week....

SO... Last Thursday I woke up and got kids started on the day. I started to walk downstairs with Torben in my arms and missed a step or slipped or something and fell down the full flight of steps! To start, Yes Torben is fine. I kept him in my arms and pulled him close and his little diapered butt hit a few stairs and he was scared because I screamed but other than that he was just fine. Luckily it turns out that the kids were not gone to school yet. Tanner took Torben and got him fed. (Good thing he is on bottle fulltime now) Liz called Luke at work and told him and he headed home in a hurry. I didn't move and was out by the time Luke got home 15 mins later. He got me awake and I was tingly and some numb on my left side. He called 911 and I took a ride in the ambulance to ER. (WOW this sounds sooooo familiar! HEHE I fell down half the flight in April just after I had Torben, and luckily I didn't have him in my arms that time.)
So they checked me all out, nothing broken, CT looked fine, just a concussion and bruises and sore. Sent me home, told me to check with regular dr on Friday and gave me some meds. Oh yeah, and I am not allowed to drive for 6 months or until my nuerologist says I can. I think I can handle that I already have an appt in 2 weeks. (Hummm ... well that turned out a little more frustrating than I thought already this week. Had to have friend drive me to take Torben in to see if he had an ear infection. Only a cold making his throat sore making both our lives miserable while Luke is gone.)
Go to dr on Fri. They haven't seen results so say I will have to wait until they see them. Which they can't ask for until Monday because the silly hospital didn't auto send them to dr and the silly hospital's records dept is only open from 730 am until ..... 11 am. WHAT??!! That is DUMB! My dr appt was at 1130 am. OH well.
So I stay in bed resting like I was told. No heavy lifting, which is no more than about Torben. Sat was a little rough because Luke had to go to drill and I was still sore but we made it through until he got home, thanks to some wonderful neighbors who helped with kids!! Sunday I was still too sore to go to church and didn't even go to play piano for my calling. Which turned out to be a good thing.
Luke was snuggling with me and he says I go all crazy laying there. He first thinks maybe it was a bad dream or something since I was sleeping. But then a little while later I do it again and he realizes it's a seizure. So he wakes me up and tells me he is taking me to the ER again. He calls my friend Helen and asks if her daughter Liz (yes her other child's name is Tanner. Funny huh?! What are the odds of that??) will watch the kids while he takes me. Helen is my friend that takes me to get my migraines shots at the hospital now. Luke HATES going to the hospital with me. So now we know he is really scared.
ER does CT scan, normal. Blood and urine, normal. Decide to give me a scrip to get an EEG done. Luke had to leave Monday for DC for work trip. For those who don't know, he's in the military and works full time for them doing computer stuff. He travels all over the country helping work with other centers (for better lack of a term) working on their systems.
My EEG is scheduled for today (Wed) at 8 am. They tell me on Mon when I call to schedule it, I have to stay up the might before until midnight, not usually a problem, especially when Luke is gone. I just read a book. Then wake up at 4 am and stay awake. Oh and NO caffeine (I'm suppose to stay awake???), no chocolate (that's just WRONG!!) no smoking (no problem there) and no alcohol (again no problem). But no CHOCOLATE??!!! It's always when you can't have it that you want it! And then... can you say MIGRAINE attack coming on, due to lack of sleep!
So here I am it's now 530 am and I am hanging out waiting until 630 to wake up kids and get them ready to go to my wonderful neighbor, who I really need to take to dinner or something! And then afterwards I will have something else to blog about! Hope you all are sleeping well! Lucky you! LOL

Comments

Fleck Family said…
I am so proud of you for following all the rules!!! you are such a good girl. Luke will be so proud of you. I hope they give you something for the migrane while you are at the hospital since well yeah they caused this one!
I will call you later and see how you are feeling love ya!
Kristal said…
Welcome to blogworld!

EEG's stink. I had to have one in high school. They made me stay up 24 hrs - so my mom threw a party for my friends so they could help keep me awake.

Popular Posts