Calling SHOES!!

OK I am calling for any old but nice looking shoes for my Festical of Trees, tree this year!! The theme I have chosen is Christmas Shoes, from that song at Christmas time by the same name. It's about a guy that goes into a store looking for a last min present and sees a young boy who is trying to buy a pair of shoes for him mom that is dying. Anyway, it's a tear jerker. So my thought is to have shoes all over the tree and robbons that go with all the cancers. I have had many friends and family that have been affected by this, some just in the last couple weeks! SOOOOO If you have some old shoes that look nice that you aren't wearing anymore, I would LOVE to use them for a GREAT cause!!

In case you don't know anything about it, basic info...
For 38 years, the Festival of Trees has been a “Gift of Love” from Utah to children. The Festival is organized by a volunteer board of 84 women who enlist time and talents from thousands of individuals, organizations, businesses, and families throughout Utah. Over $22 million has been raised for needy children at Primary Children’s Medical Center through the Festival since 1971, with $1,604,021.64 raised last year.


Here's my tree from last year. It was Angels Waiting in Heaven. Each handmade angel was for a child that has passed away. Each one from a friend of family member I know. There were 45 angels and there were a couple I forgot until it was over. It was a lot of work but a wonderful experience. I gave pictures to those who I did angels for, for Christmas presents last year.

A close up of one of the angels.
Some had names and dates on them.

Comments

Kristal said…
Love the Festival of Trees. I would totally send you some shoes, but I don't keep anything. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures!

Popular Posts