Torben's awesome black eye to be

So at the VERY, and I mean as we were saying closing prayer, end of church yesterday. The ladies in charge of nursery come get me because Torben has gotten hurt. I go in to get him and they are holding him, crying, with a napkin to his eye which is bleeding and when they take it down he also has a big scrap under his eye. Yes an awesome black eye in the making! Two cuts above his eye. One in the eyebrow and the other closer to the bridge of his nose. LOL

Now these poor ladies think I am going to be so upset at them, when in fact I am shaking my head and I am wondering what he did to get it. Knowing that from the looks of it that it was something he did and not that someone hurt him. Apparently he was playing in the toy cupboard which they kept pulling him out of and telling him he was going to get hurt. And he kept climbing back into and the last time he slipped and fell and scrapped his face and hit his head. I don't know if he bit his tongue then or later. (as I see his tongue has been bit in this picture) Boys! I let them know I am not going to sue them or anything as he is still alive. I wouldn't anyway. It was an accident and he is my 4th child, 4rd boy. Besides even with my 1st I wouldn't have been upset. lol Too many years of day care and preschool under my belt for that.
When I brought him home from church Luke asked what happened and I told him that Torben got into a fight. Luke asked if he won. I had to start laughing and tell him what really happened. LOL We tried to get Torben to put some ice on it so it wouldn't swell too bad but he wouldn't. So today it's swollen a little and by the end of today I'm sure it will look worse. And I will try to remember to take pictures (now that I found the camera - YEA!) over the next few days. Anyway, its one of those Napolean Dynamite "YESSS" moments. LOL
He's just too cute!

Comments

raising4boys said…
Poor little guy! But you are right Boys will be Boys!! Bronson got hurt in nursery yesterday too, smashed his finger in the chair. I think the nursery leaders were more upset about it than I was.
That looks like it hurts. I am glad he is okay. That is always my fear at the Day Care. At least kids bounce back.

Popular Posts