Here we go!!

OK so it seems like so many people are blogging these days and I have so many friends on here, that I figure if you can't beat them, join them! I also figure it's a great way to stay in touch, kind of scrapbook and journal all in one.

I am taking a break from my busy day. I have already gotten kids off to school, after making sure they have their homework folders, reminding Liz to ask her teacher for her make up homework that somehow she has missed, and making sure they have eaten breakfast. We know that's the most important meal of the day!

Then getting Lars and Torben ready, I head over to school myself to do some laminating for Tanner's teacher. Lars was such a big helper, a couple times more than I would have liked. But it was cute! He pushed the button to start and stop the laminator as I was doing little items, and I hate wasting school supplies.

Then back home, feed Torben, because he thought he was starving appartently! Then as Lars was watching cartoon DVD, (old cartoons, Betty Boop, Popeye, all black and white ones), I started doing up freezer meals. I passion I have picked up from my friend Avalie. (She is the one in my profile picture with me!) Cooking up about 7 1/2 lbs of hamburger in about 2 2 1/2 lb batches. Mixing up meatloaf to freeze. Grating cheese and putting in bags ( love grated cheese but WIC won't let you get it already grated) And doing up a Mexican Chicken for the freezer. I sat at dinner last night and asked family what they wanted for dinners over the next couple weeks. My kids jumped all over the Mexican Chicken, again my friend Avalie's reciepe! My brother in law Mike loved it when I made it and they had dinner with us! But we came up with enough dinner ideas for about 2 1/2 weeks and I went shopping last night for 2 hours. Great get away after the day with the kids yesterday, which was long and tiring.

So now I am ready for a break and a nap. I only got 5 hours sleep last night. Just couldn't seem to get to sleep until 2 am. By the time I realized it was going to be one of those nights, it was too late to take sleeping meds. I hate that!! So I just listened to Luke and lay there waiting to fall asleep. Then to be awoken at 7 from a 3 1/2 yr old screaming! Oh goodness. But it was good because Luke was late for work. Anyway I am hoping that I will get more sleep tonight and that I will get to sleep in tomorrow since Luke took the rest of the week off and next week too! YEAH!!!

Well, I guess that's a start. Hope to keep it up!!!

Comments

Popular Posts