Life the last few days...

So the last few days have been a little busy. Luke took this week off from Wednesday on and all next week too! So I have tried to sleep in a little. Wednesday was school pictures. I spent 45 mins Tuesday night, after doing freezer meals at Avalie's, doing Lizzy's hair in sponge curlers. Then Wed when I thought I would get to sleep in, I remembered and jumped out of bed to take them out and spend another 30 mins fixing those that didn't dry all the way because I did too much hair in the roller. Oh well, she looked good when she walked out the door and still looked pretty good when she came home, at least in the front where the picture would show. And she didn't add anything cause she "thought it would look nice, mommy" this year.
Last year when I went to take the Lars to get his done in the afternoon, I saw her and she had a tiny lime-green checked handkerchief in her hair. Not bad until you realize ...... she was wearing a coral colored shirt!!! Needless to say I did very very seriously think about doing retakes last year!! BUT my mom helped me see that you need to have at least one of those "I can't believe I looked like that" or "I wore what??!!!"" or a "What the HECK was I thinking!!" pictures for when you are older. My fourth grade picture has a bad frizzy hair perm and a pink turtle neck with this big bead necklace, that was the thing in the 80's! At least Lizzy's just had a hair thing that doesn't match what she is wearing. And I had done her hair all in a great french braid too!
Anyway, back to Wednesday. So I took Lars and Torben in the afternoon to get their pictures. Torben in the outfit that both Tanner and Lars had baby pictures in. And I took a picture of Tanner and Lars when Lars was a baby to see if the picture people would try and do one like it of Torben and Lars. Lars was laying on his side facing one way and Tanner's head on top of his with his head pointing the opposite way. Very cute.
Well the guy wasn't so sure when I showed him what I wanted him to do after he started to put them together on the little platform they have. But I helped him figure out if we lay Torben on the platform and had Lars stand on the stool next to him, we could get it to work. It turned out great!! They are just opposite of the Tanner Lars picture.
Now I have to figure out how to redo the pictures on the wall in the boys room. I have had Lars on one side and Tanner on the other end of the wall with a Cowboy picture in the middle. Got to figure out with the three boys now.
Yesterday, Thursday, I feel like I didn't do much looking back. Ummm.. I did sleep in. I did go over to my friend Jen's house and help her move a few things around and take care of some other things. And after dinner went to Volleyball. LOVE volleyball! I am grateful that the floor is wood and not carpet like it used to be at our church building back home. But that's another story for another time.
Today I got to sleep in until 945! It was great! Then Luke and his friend Adam took Lars and his son Nate, and went to the Miller Motor Sports Raceway to see race cars and get autographs. He even got to sit in one and get his picture taken!! It was the race car that races for wounded soldiers. When they found out Luke was military they let the kids get in. They even got their picture taken with 2 really beautiful girls that Luke found out after were Hugh's Bunny's! (if you know what I mean.) LOL You should see the look on Luke's face! (Lars wouldn't get his picture by himself) By the time it was time to leave the boys were worn out!
I folded laundry while watching a movie. My sister came over for a surprise lunch with me. She brought the dogs and they all played in the backyard and had a blast and I had a good hang out with my little sister! And she had a better lunch than she thought she would. She brought over corn dogs and I pulled out left over bulgogi! (for those that don't know, it's a Korean beef dish sort of like teriyaki.) Then after she got back home she called to ask if I could bring over a phone to check her phone line. They are in the middle of moving and phone stopped working but city says it should be so she thought it might be the phone. Nope, its the phone service apparently. Then back home to fold more clothes and finish watching movie until Luke got home. Then off to run errands and pick up friend Helen's daughter Lizzie. Now that's a whole nuther story too.
Then we had Adam and his family come over for dinner tonight. Our kids play together and us adults love to get together. Adam and Luke met at school and finally decided that all of us should get together and they were praying that Erica and I would get along. LOL We get along great! We hardly have a month go by that we all don't get together! We start all calling each other after a week or two of not seeing each other. Adam and Luke calling each other or Erica and I calling each other. It's nice to have friends that are couples that Luke likes to get together with too.
So now here I am ready to go to bed, read my book until I fall asleep and get to sleep in tomorrow!! To get up and get ready for my Mary Kay Spa Class! Love those! Night!

Comments

evitafjord said…
Hey! Blog on, blog away.

The link for Heidi and Tim (which I clicked on mostly because I thought it was funny that you have friends that have the same name as the hosts for Project Runway) also leads to my blog. At least when I clicked on it tonight it did.

Popular Posts