Cheer, band, the letter P and dog mess.

The title of today's blog goes in order of kids oldest to youngest, but I am going to to write in order of what happened, which happens to be in the youngest to oldest order.

Torben - Today I was reading to Torben while everyone was gone and it was quiet. He pulled out a book that is a find the puppy book. You read short little poem a line at a time on each page and find the puppy hidden, not hard, on the page. He loves these books. (We have a find the kitten, pig and a couple others too.) Anyway, there is one page where the puppy was hungry and he has gotten into the garbage can and made a mess. Torben says, "Bad puppy." and then he closes his eyes, bows his head and then hits his head a little with the palm of his hand, like he is exasperated and says "Oh no." It was so funny, and so cute! I wish I had that on video!

Lars- Today he comes home from school and I ask him what he learned today. He says we learned the letter P. Then at dinner we were talking and I asked if he had told daddy what he learned today. I had taken the older kids to their activities so dad had them by himself and I didn't know if he had talked to dad. He said "no" and I said "well are you going to tell him?" He says, "OK I will start at the very beginning." I was a little worried for a min. But then he just said, "We learned the letter P, that makes the pa sound" Then we all started
naming things that start with P. It was a lot of fun and good for Lars too.

Tanner - Today was his first day of band where he got to play! Last week it was just a short meeting that basically was, we meet here and you need this, I guess. I wasn't there. lol I was at the school walking around trying to see Lizzy's teachers for parent teacher conferences. (oh what a pain! Good thing I had a book.) Anyway, he was way excited. He learned the fingering for E and F and some of the rules, like if you don't laugh at Mr Lemen's jokes then you have to bring him a plate full of brownies. LOL

Lizzy - (and Tanner once we got there) Today was her first day of a mini cheer camp. The high school has cheer and drill mini camps for the younger kids to try it out and see if they like it. They get to learn this week Tues thru Thurs and then perform at the football game on Fri. She decided that she just wanted to do cheer. Which turned out good because she seemed to have skipped out on it, while I was with Tanner in his. But she will be going back tomorrow and trying again. I think she got a little frustrated and just quit and walked out.
Tanner started to get really frustrated and I had to calm him down and get him to stick it out too. Part of his was that he is the only boy in his age group, probably in the whole thing, and he felt like he was doing just girl stuff. Poor kiddo. I talked to the cheerleaders after and they are going to talk to the cheer guys and have them make something up for Tanner for tomorrow. He was happy about that.

It was a long afternoon and we will see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully Lizzy will do better. I told her I would go and watch her so I could help her with her routine. And now finally all the kids are asleep and I can go finishing eating my ice cream! And then off to bed... ZZZzzzzzzz

Comments

Popular Posts