Busy day!

One of those non stop days that I am glad are over. Up early and getting kids off to school. Then enough time to get myself ready and hurry to get older two kids from school.
Off to dentist for them. No cavities so good to go for another 6 months. A stop to pick something up in town. Since they weren't going to make it back to school in time for lunch, we stopped for it. The big red M for them. We don't go there very often. They were happy.
Back home, drop Lizzy off to wash her hair quick. She was too tired last night to take her shower and I am not sure what happened this morning. Probably too tired to get up in time. She hasn't been sleeping in time. Then take Tanner back to school and sign him in. Home again, to help do Lizzy's hair, today was her picture day, and her picture will be on her school ID for the rest of the year not just the yearbook.
Then take her back to school, sign her in. Then the PTA was setting up food for the teachers because tonight was parent/teacher conferences for middle school. I helped pull a couple things out for that, because they were short a couple people.
Then back to elementary to print off and put in teacher boxes, notes about "meet the candidates" next week. That would be 1200 copies, mind you! That took an hour, with 2 fast machines. WOW. Then home for about 30 mins....... breath....
Then off to take Tanner to his first band class! I took a book to read while he had his class. Well we get to the school and I realize that the parent/teacher conferences have started and that I could get some done while he is having band! Score! However, it is not that easy. You have to stand in line and wait... and wait... and wait... and sometimes...... wait some more! But I did get half her classes done.
Then off to meet a friend in town to give her some pregnancy and baby stuff, that she needed. They thought they were done, she gave everything away and then... oh wait, one more ; ) God does have a sense of humor, but also of love. He knew I and some of her other friends had NOT gotten rid of our stuff yet.
Then back to school to finish conferences..... Had Tanner wait in van because I figured he would get bored and he could practice his trumpet. And I didn't think it would take that long.... yeah.... 45 mins waiting for the English teacher. LOL Then hurried and barely got in math teacher and that was because she kind of called in all the parents that were in the hall and talked to us as a group. We can get ahold of her as needed later. I was good. I got her email and the one question I had answered.
Then sneak down to band to see if I can grab band teacher quick, last teacher. Sitting waiting for the parents ahead of me and Tanner comes in the door, eyes all red and full of tears. A woman with him, saying they were in the car next to ours and that he was upset. Poor kiddo. He said he felt scared. So he finally came in and waited, he told me later, by the office until he saw me in the hall and came down to me.
Then by this time it's 8:30. Now it's off to Artic Circle for dinner for Tanner and I and dad because we haven't eaten. WOW long day!!!
Yes I am serious when I say, this day is non stop. For about the 30 mins at home, 20 mins while giving stuff to friend and sitting for the about 30 mins at dentist, it was a go, go, go day. I am tired!!! And now I am ready for bed., just waiting for Torben to fall asleep so we can. Although he is just about there and snuggling with daddy, so I may sneak upstairs and get all ready so when he's done snuggling with Torben, he can snuggle with me. ; )
Let's hope tomorrow is a little less busy!

Comments

Popular Posts