Where to begin??

So I know it's been since the end of March since I posted but I have been, as my profile thing says, insanely busy!!

Jen, my girl friend, her daughter got engaged and she didn't know how to plan a wedding. Said she didn't really plan hers so she needed help in a big way. I did mine and did a lot for my sisters, so... I have been doing a wedding for the last 7 of 8 weeks. The wedding was April 23rd. It was a blast and learned a bunch about where the deals are and sometimes it's about who you know! Luke is happy to have his wife back! And I am still exhausted. My mom says, "yeah now you know why I slept for 3 days after yours." Hey what did I know about what she did after my wedding! I was enjoying the 2 days I had before he went back to CA without me! And then trying to figure out how to get down there with him! LOL


OK so for some highlights of our monkey family!








Lizzy went to a space learning center in Pleasant Grove and had a blast learning team work while in a Star Trekish world. She has been bugging me like crazy asking when does she get to babysit other people's kids. So Luke and I decided that we would let her practice with her siblings and let her Sat after the wedding while we went on our "wedding is over" date! : ) She did great and we let her do it again this last Friday and Saturday while we went on dates. The kids kept calling but we survived but we will have to sit down and work on them NOT calling. LOL





Lizzy and Tanner were both in Beauty and the Beast at school and it was amazing! They had a blast and Tanner at the end came up to me and was crying a little. I asked what was wrong, expecting it to be, it's over, but instead it was "I'm so glad it payed off mom!" I guess their teachers had told them if they worked hard it would pay off. What a great lesson! What awesome teachers!





Tanner is doing great in school and scouts (he has some awesome leaders too). He got a ton of awards at pack meeting last week. One was bowling and his leaders said he talked about how good he was and they figured it was just him being a kid. Until he bowl the first throw and he got a strike. And then he got over a 100. They kind of figured out he was good. LOL I told them it's ok to be shocked but he was in bowling league. hehehe (I would have won that bet.) He had his 4th grade program last week and he was all excited that he got to be a cowboy and be part of the dancers during one of the songs. It was a cool program about Utah state history. He can say all the counties in alphabetical order, and name some important early explorers.




Lars is growing and is so dang smart! He knows how to get on my computer and open some picture/video program and take pictures and make videos. I caught him one day taking a ton of pictures and adding fun borders to them. I didn't even know I had that program. (By the way, Luke's computer has an updated version that is way better!) He knows how to get on and play the online websites we have approved. He has started learning his letters and numbers. He has started to write his name. It's so cute. He is way funny at singing his ABC's. He likes to take showers now as much as a bath. (As I type he is in the shower, that started as a bath.)





Torben is getting so big, he's not a baby anymore. : ( He has turned 2 and is definitely 2! He is talking like crazy, saying sentences and repeating all the time. Last night on the way home the kids said something and right after he repeated it. I roll my eyes at some of the stuff. We moved him into the boys room on Sat (to which Lizzy was SO happy for!! She had been sleeping in the basement because he kept waking her up.) He seems to be taking to his bed in there pretty good. He loves going outside and playing and gets upset when the kids go out and he doesn't get to. It's been nice to have a fenced backyard where we can let him out to play. He is at that age where he gets into all kind of trouble when he is not watched close enough. Last week I had book club and he was got out of his room somehow (when he was in Lizzy's room) and was being so quiet getting into trouble. I went upstairs to get a book for one of the girls and found him playing with all the card games he got out and opened. 4 different card games cards all over. The little turkey. He wasn't happy when I put him back in his room.














Comments

Popular Posts