I love surprising my kids!!!

Luke and Lars went fishing to Lake Powell with Luke's dad. The kids and I got to stay home and go to school and clean house and all that fun stuff. LOL
I did get to surprise my kids! I love to surprise them!!! Luke and Lars left on Wed. I went and got a red box movie that I thought the kids would enjoy and figured we could watch it and have popcorn. Well ... the kids came home from school wanting to go to the Legacy Center and go swimming. They have a water area that has a bucket drop, lazy river, big water slide, an area for playing around that is not that deep, and a lap pool. It's indoor with an extension of the Lazy river that opens in the summer, an outside area in the summer too. One of the neighbors has gotten a pass for the summer and they have been going. So now all the kids in the neighborhood want to go. I am sure I am not the only parent getting asked by their kids 10 times a day after school. lol
So they were upset when I said no that I already had something planned. Tanner especially was upset. But in the end they ended up liking the movie. But wanted to go swimming on Thurs.
Well I wanted to take them to the $1 movie and see Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I didn't know if it was going to be out of the theater on Friday or not. SO I decided to take them. Again they were upset. Tanner started to throwing a big fit. I told Tanner that if he threw a fit and kept asking to go swimming that we wouldn't go. But in the end, they liked the movie.
Friday I took them bowling. Jack and Jill's bowling lanes opened a new place in Lehi. They were having their grand opening, and had games for $2 a game with free shoes, even in their VIP room which is usually a $1 more! What a deal!! I had my girl friend bring her kiddos and we played a game. It was fun! Torben even played a little with the ball ramp.
Sat I took them swimming and boy were they happy! Torben didn't like it so much so I sat most of the time just on the side holding him while he watched the kids all play and the water bucket dump. Maybe next time he will be a little more into it. That night we went to a friends house and had dinner and hung out too.
I think the next time the kids might just let things well enough alone when I tell them to just wait and see.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy almost anniversary my friend. Congratulations on making it through everything.

Popular Posts