My girl is 12!!!










Happy Birthday
Lizzy!!!



My little girl isn't so little anymore! WOW! Times flies when you are having fun!

On her birthday I scrubbed the "art" from Torben off her walls (he is in with the boys now), organized her dresser top and did her bed with clean sheets and her quilt. One of the girls that is home schooled came over on Thursday with their young womens leader to decorate her room. They did streamers in front of her door and cute sayings and bees on it. Then bees, streamers and balloons in her room. When she got home from school I told her she had to go up and clean her room, there was stuff everywhere. She started to pout, thinking that the boys had made a mess while she was gone. She had her room pretty well clean. I told her I didn't want to hear it, that she needed to go clean it. She went to put down her back pack and I took the opportunity to grab the camera and get in front of her to take pictures when she saw it. She loved it!

Then she got to go to her first official young women's activity! Because they were going to a museum at BYU that is only open on Thursdays, she got to go! She loved it and was so excited when she came home.

Friday we had her friends party. She wanted to go to the legacy center in Lehi and go swimming. So I packed up a gaggle of giggling girls, 5 of her friends, and we had more meet us there, and they had a blast. I sat on the side and read my book. It was a win win I think. Then after we all went to Artic Circle of ice cream and open presents!

Saturday was more birthday fun at Grandma and Umpas annual garden party. The family gets together and we are used as slave labor (not really lol ) to weed and plant new flowers in their garden. And then we had a BBQ and Lizzy's cake!








Sunday brought the young women coming into primary to sing and "kidnap" her out and welcome her to young women's. She had been waiting for months for this! LOL

I have never really freaked out or thought that I am getting old. I really don't pay attention to my age. People ask how old I am and I have to think about it before I can tell them. 10 with her kind of gave me a start.I can't believe she is so grown up! Time sure flies. I have only had a little bit of tearing up when I realized she would get to go to the temple for baptisms this last weekend. (I will have to get a picture of the whole temple later. ) We went to the new Oquirrh temple. We did some family names and the group as a whole did over a 100. It was very special to be able to go with her. I won't ever forget.

















Happy Birthday my big girl!!










Comments

Kristal said…
Wow, time sure does fly. Brandon won't be 12 until Oct but he is already taller than me!

Happy Birthday to Liz :D

Popular Posts