WOW, Patriotic Week!!










This is all the kids watching as our wonderful Utah National Guard Honor Guard members put up the flag for our Flag Ceremony on Monday! (No I wasn't on the roof, I asked our wonderful Mr. Bruno to take them for us!)

























This is after the flag is up. The kids sang the National Anthem, recited the pledge. It is amazing to me even after 3 years of doing this, how reverent the kids are after it starts. I think I am not going to cry but how can you not when you have over 1000 kids singing and saying the pledge while the flag is being saluted by 2 military members in dress uniform??! I am crying all over again just remembering!... ok maybe I am a softy and it touched me so much more with my husband in the military.









































Some of the balloons I did for the assembly on Tuesday.



This is Marvin Hardy, a dear friend and retired Major in the army. He was our guest speaker for our assembly. He talked about making good choices, being responsible for those choices, being a patriot, and even recited the Gettysburg address. He did a couple balloon figures, which he is known all around the world for, and some magic. This soldier was helping him with a magic trick. The soldier was suppose to cut the rope but somehow (magic) it didn't! LOL






This is Friday, our Shake a Soldier's Hand Day. The kids LOVE this day and so do the soldiers!! They get asked for their autographs. Some of them signed a basketball and some signed many hands and arms.




















Comments

Popular Posts