Let people know!

So I have found over the years that sometimes it's good to let companies know how you feel (ie: complain about their products) They need to know when something isn't right with their stuff and you most likely will get something free out of it. Or at least get it fixed.
So I bought a crock pot a few months ago. My old one the cord got in between the stoneware and the base and burnt through the cord. Thank goodness it didn't start a fire. So I needed a new one. So I found a nice one that had a few more settings on it than my old one, and a lid that locks down so when you move it, the lid won't slip off and fall and break.
Then the lid broke. It had a hinge on the back and it broke off the lid part. No big deal it still locked in place and I was used to taking off the lid anyway and the lock part on the back hinge part kind of bugged me anyway because it was hard to unlock. So then the front lock part broke off a couple days ago. There isn't a handle on the top. Ummmm.. Hard to take off the lid with no handle without burning yourself. So I used my old stone and lid (I was smart and kept those parts of my old one.)
I could take it back to Wal Mart, but what a hassle when I don't have the receipt or box anymore and so because it's broken I wasn't sure if they would take it anyway.
So instead I called the company today and told them the lid broke. I was looking to just get a new lid. They are sending me a while new crock pot! And a mini one for dipping stuff on top of that! It's a different model but I am ok with that. How cool!
I learned when Tanner was in diapers to call and let companies know how you feel. Pampers changed their diapers, from the plastic cover they used to do to the now so popular cloth-like cover. Tanner was allergic to the cloth-like stuff. So I called to complain. They sent me coupons to try Luvs. Proctor and Gamble make both, (same company, Luvs is cheaper, don't get that one!) So I get free diapers. Then Pampers changed their wipes to the pop up kind. I called again. I hated them. They weren't as moist, and now I had to buy a new travel container. So the sent me coupons for wipes! Then the Luvs diapers leaked, and Luvs has that leak guard guarantee, so.... you bet, I called again! And more free diapers via coupons! I think out of it I must have gotten about $50 worth of free stuff, just for telling them I wasn't happy with their new products!
I have called on crib parts that have been broken or lost, and I was willing to buy those, and got new ones for free. I know with my Mary Kay business that my customers never have to worry about if it doesn't work for them or if they don't like something cause it's 100% guaranteed.
So let them know!! You never know what YOU might get. Companies, if they are smart, want the customer to be happy. They want your future business and that of your friends. And they want to know if their product is bad, so they can fix it. So let them know!!

Comments

Popular Posts