Boys birthdays



January always is the start of a new year but it's always the start of birthdays for us! It is always a time for me to remember how time flies and how big my children are getting. Reflect on how grateful I am to have these beautiful children. Tanner who was 3 weeks early. Lars who was my Iraq baby. My distraction, who I never would have gotten pregnant had I known Luke was going to Iraq. But was, as much as it was hard to have a new little one with two other small children, a huge blessing as a distraction to keep me busy.


Tanner turned 11 this year. Amazing that the world was wondering what would happen when the count down to 2000 would hit and I was just wanting a baby to come! LOL And although 3 weeks early, you would never know it now! He is growing so fast and is so smart!
He asked for a Build a Bear this year, along with a couple other things. Camo, with a camo outfit, that did the Star Wars theme song. Lizzy and I went to Nutcracker on New Year's Eve and stopped at Build a Bear after and made it for him. It was so much fun! We put it in a jedi outfit that we were going to tease him with but he saw the box before I got it up to my room to hide it.

This is the cake he picked this year. This was a project and it didn't turn out quite as nice as I would have hoped but good enough for him. And it tasted great! Bottom was chocolate and the middle was white and the tower although may look like it might be cake, is plastic. But the spiderman swings around the tower.




Here is his bear in the Jedi outfit. The bear's name is Jackson Ewok Nielsen. Lizzy picked the first name, I picked the middle name, which when we were dressing him and the ears stuck through the outfit I said he looks like an ewok, so the middle name! ; )
Lars, of course, wanted a Build a Bear for his birthday. LOL I took him to build his own bear. We talked on the way and he had said that maybe he would do a cat. However when he saw the camo bear, well you can see, we couldn't change his mind as much as we tried! (My friend Joie is the manager.) He even wanted to put the same sound in. We did convince him that he can't do that. So his has a roar instead and in the nose. Tanner's is in the arm and I won't do that again!
He picked out the Darth Vader outfit and said his and Tanner's bear could fight. LOL
Then for the bear's name, he went to go for Darth Vader, of course. I told him that the bear wouldn't always be in that outfit. We did get another one. He said, "Well then his name is Taggy." "Taggy?" "Yes. Taggy." as he points to a spot on the Darth Vader outfit belt. LOL
For his cake, he chose a Hoe to Train Your Dragon cake. It was MUCH simpler than Tanner's! It turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.
But I have learned that I think I am going to have to start investing a little in the good frosting to make them look really good if it's anymore than this. For the mountain in the back corner I had to stiffen the frosting with powdered sugar, and then freeze it again.
My cupboard is already full of cake decorating stuff that I think I need to get a container to put it all in. LOL The kids love picking out their cake and I love doing them. Joies' girls were looking at the book to find their cakes. LOL I think Joie's birthday is actually next.

Comments

Popular Posts