Far too long... New Start 2012


WOW Almost a year since I have blogged here. Facebook has seemed to take the blog place, where I could put a small comment and not feel like I had to write a paragraph. Although it doesn't tell the full story, sometimes just a quick comment here or there can tell a huge amount to those who know you.
But new year, let's try again. VERY quick ( I hope) update.
Kids in school, Liz is 8th grade, almost 14 now, uuggghhh some days.. teenagers... Sorry mom and dad!!! Loves her foods, com tech and art classes. Not loving her math so much as the school messed up and she missed the first quarter of it, and is playing catch up. : (
Tanner, just turned 12, recieved the priesthood last Sunday and was called as deacons second counselor, in 6th grade and has great grades. Made it into Alice in Wonderland, as a cast member playing a card, which is the part he wanted, : )
Lars, will be 7 on Fri and is SOOOO excited I am not sure he will sleep come Thursday night without some sleep meds or something. Maybe we should have turkey for dinner. ; ) He is in 1st and has amazing teachers that I am so very grateful for! He loves school.
Torben is almost 4. He started preschool in Oct and loves it! He gets to ride the bus, even though it's right across the street because he is going because he qualifies for special needs. We had him tested because of his speech but he qualified under cognitive. Hey, we are happy we caught it early and that he is so happy he loves to go to school!
Luke is almost out of the military! We just found out this morning that the military is giving him permanent disability instead of temporary. We were going to go to a formal board but things worked out just today that we don't have to now! So in the next couple months he will be out officially!!
It has been ....... an interesting 15 year ride in the military! It has had it's ups and downs and I really wish that it could have ended on an up part of the ride instead of the down leave a bad taste in your mouth part of the ride. But I know the Lord has His hand in this and I have a big feeling that it is so others don't land in the same situation we were/are in, so I will take this trial so others don't have to.
As for me... I am still the "Senior Executive Administrator/Personal Assistant/Limo (ok really a van) Driver/......" for the Nielsen household and Luke Nielsen and that keeps me quite busy. However I still do my Mary Kay and I am now an Executive on the Board of Directors for Nord Experience (check us out on Facebook!). So I am not busy at all!!! ROFL
2012 will be an interesting year of changes! A fun year for new beginnings! I am going to be thankful and positive! After all, look where I live! Look at my family!!!

Comments

evitafjord said…
Chewable melatonin for kids - ask Logan where she buys hers locally. I have to order it online. It's only about $2 a bottle and is a miracle for kids that are wound up at bedtime.

Popular Posts