What a day.

Well after getting older kids off to sleep, my sweetheart let me head back to bed for a couple hours. I have been so tired and we haven't figured out why yet, it's frustrating, but it's nice at times like this that hubby is home. I need to get back to the dr but I hate going and them not being able to figure it out. And I really hate it when I figure it out before them, like my gallbladder, which should have been taken out 18 months before it did. Then it wouldn't have had to be taken out while pregnant if he had listened when I told him. Or if he had followed up like he should have. Stupid dr! Anyway, need to go back in, just don't want to deal with more appts and stress. But pain and tiredness is getting to me, and getting in the way of life.
Anyway Hubby headed up to lunch with his friend late this morning and I worked on cleaning house. I moved the couches and vacuumed under them and moved them back to where they were before Christmas. Now I can get to my piano a lot easier. The boys had a blast playing under the couches as I cleaned, as I tipped them upside down. They thought the fort was great. I should have gotten pictures. Oh well.
Then I did some laundry, which seems to be an ever greater never ending chore lately. I really can't seem to keep up anymore. Maybe because I am in the middle of changing out clothes that are too small, wrong season, need to be tossed due to too much wear, etc. Maybe we have too many clothes! LOL For the boys that is probably the truest. I keep getting hand me downs from a neighbor, which I will not turn away because I can always use them. As some of the ones from Tanner are too worn out by the time they get to Torben.
Lizzy is needing some new clothes. I don't really get hand me downs for her. I used to when she was little from my cousins kids but haven't in quite some time. And she keeps growing like a weed! Her jeans that I got at the first of the school year, big on purpose, of course are getting too tight. SIGH. So are Tanners, the ones that aren't too short or have huge holes in the knees. LOL And Lars... his are still too big. LOL
Back to today. This afternoon I took Tanner to band and then ran to the store to get some things we needed. First I had to get gas and then I ran to get a hot chocolate from the coffee shop. It's freezing today! Snow and then the wind chill made it bitter cold!! I thought it would be great to drink some yummy hot chocolate while I shopped. Then I get out of the car and start going into the store. And I trip on a stick next to the tree in the parking lot landscaping, that has rocks.... yeah, let's just say, it hurts! I will spare those who can't handle blood, a picture of my knee, which took the worse of it. I went down rolling on the rocks and into the roadway in front of the store, spilled my yummy hot chocolate that I had only had 2 sips of, which spilled in my hair (that I had just washed before leaving, ughh) scrapped my knees, hand, and getting my new coat, that I had only worn 1 other, time all dirty! : ( Not happy! At least no cars were going past right then and ran me over. OUCH! Some nice woman helped me up and I brushed myself off and limped into store, washed off in bathroom and checked out my injuries, and figured I would live. Did my quick shopping. The girl at the checkout is such a sweety, asks me how I am. I tell her, "Don't ask." But she looks at me so, then tell her about falling. I tell her the part I am most upset about is my hot chocolate. LOL She was ready to pull out money for me. I told her not to worry about it. I was pretty sure that when I went back to coffee shop and explained my sad story, they would give me another for free. The owner had been the one to do up my first one. Sure enough when I pulled up and told her I needed a replacement, she asked what was wrong, but after explaining what happened, sure enough, another one on the house. They are so good there!
Sloppy joes for dinner tonight. I just now realize how funny it is for me to come home after this accident and then make sloppy joes for dinner. Although that dinner was picked before the fall. LOL I toasted the buns to try something a little different, and yum! Some just with butter and some with garlic butter.
Tonight when I was reading to Lars for bed, he brought me "Cook a Doodle Doo". It's a book that's a twist on "The Little Red Hen". I wasn't paying 100% attention until I read the first page and then I had to call Krystal and laugh. She didn't answer so I had to text her, "Rooster for the day!" LOL I have talked to a friend about making a rooster apron for her. I can't wait! Rusty says it's old already. hehehe No it's not! I love it!
Tonight seems like it's going to be a long night with Torben. He hasn't been eating very well if at all, and been poking at his ear a little. That may not be anything. But he is just being extra fussy tonight, so I think I am going to take him in to the dr tomorrow. Can't hurt. He started sounding stuffy today, and tonight he is really gassy, although I am not sure what from since he hasn't been eating.
Lizzy has audition for Music Man jr. after school tomorrow. I am excited for her. I really hope she gets a part. Getting into Beauty and the Beast helped her self esteem so much last year, to see that she could do something like that. And I so want her to experience things that I didn't do, that I wish I had. Not huge things, and I won't push her to do things that she doesn't want to, but I know she enjoys this. Last year right before she said she didn't want to do it, but it was because she was scared of auditioning. I am glad that I made her follow through and that she had that experience so that this time she will know what to expect.
Ah the things we do for our children to learn and grow. What it must be like for Heavenly Father. I hadn't thought of it like that before. There have been times where we have pushed kids, Lizzy especially, to do things that we know they need to do or should experience for their good. .... I remember going to Carl's Jr with Lizzy one day and grabbing and dragging her up and through the play structure to the top so she could see how much fun it was. To make her experience that so that she would understand that she would enjoy it. Luke and I just shook our heads as she fought me, knowing full well that when it was over, we would have to drag her away. And then in the end, having to drag her away because she was having too much fun. And the next time there was no need to drag her up, she now knew. LOL
How often does Heavenly Father shake His head at us? Trying to lead us to experiences that are for our good, but we fight Him. And then when we finally get through it and realize how it was for our good, He smiles. But sometimes we don't realize in our limited understanding how important it probably really was for us. Sometimes we get a glimpse of that later with 20/20 hindsight. But I am sure that there are millions of experiences everyday that we don't even realize have significance, and won't until we are on the other side again. There's my AHA thinking moment for the day. : )

Comments

Ulya said…
Bysy life you have, Melly. I hope that's just why you are so tired. I, too, hate to go to the Dr's, they are not in a rush to figure things out. Good luck to Lizzy on her audition! I hope everyone feels better soon, spring is coming!

Popular Posts