Today's chores, fun and funnies

We got family passes to Trafalga and Seven Peaks. (Seven Peaks water park is closed until next summer.) I took the kids Tues for family night. Mon didn't work out, long story. And since then they have been dying to go back. I told them last night they would have a ton of chores to do today because they have not been doing them and they were behind. I told them I would take them if they would hurry and do them.
Well they lucked out some. I ended up going to a funeral for a friend who passed away after a long fight from breast cancer. So it was afternoon before they really had to be done. When I got home Tanner and Liz were working hard, but Lars was not doing anything. Tanner and Liz still had a bunch to do, but they got done what needed to be done and were ready to go.
I kept telling Lars that if he wanted to go, he needed to work. Really, he didn't have that much to do. I was having him start by picking up the garbage on the floor of his room. Just small pieces of stuff and a few pieces of paper. Nothing that 2 mins wouldn't cover, and that's taking one piece at a time. Then he was going to have to fold his clothes. He just wouldn't do it. After 1 1/2 hrs, I told him he wasn't going. He threw a fit and cried. But I explained that he wasn't doing what he was suppose to. So then he got in gear and cleaned it all up. So then he had to fold clothes. sigh... Again he messed around and wouldn't. Needless to say, he didn't get to go, he cried and cried when he left (poor daddy had to listen). Bet next time he works fast! ; )

Trafalga.
Liz and Tanner had so much fun. They went on the carousel 3 or 4 times, the airplane ride twice I think. They went on the water boats and thankfully Tanner was big enough to go by himself because I really didn't want to go and get wet. It was a little chilly out and I didn't bring a jacket. They got wet and Tanner ended up soaked! Poor kid. His butt was still cold when he went to bed tonight he said. lol
Then the roller coaster.... They wanted to sit in the very front car. I sat in the second car right behind them. It's not a big one, but it does go pretty fast and has a couple good tight loops. They tell you at the beginning that there is a contest to see which car can scream the loudest. We get going and the first turn Liz starts to scream just to scream for the contest. And then I look at her face and it turns to part this is great fun and part pure terror! I was laughing SO hard the rest of the ride. My sides hurt when we were done. I think the only reason I wasn't crying was because the wind, from the ride, dried them. Tanner gets off and wants to get right back on. Liz goes over off to the side and says she is never going on it again. I told her that if she goes in the middle car she will probably like it better. We got her to go again and I think she liked it better being in the middle car with me, the second time. Tanner was in the very front of the first car, by himself and loved it! He said "When we went around corners mom, I almost slid to the other seat!" It was great fun!

Torben drive
We have been having a hard time getting Torben to sleep good. I am planning on taking him to the dr and get him in to the ENT. Pretty sure his tonsils need to come out so he can breath at night and then he will do better. But the other night he was so tired but fighting it so bad that I finally decided I would take him for a car ride and see if that would work. Sure enough, turn on classical music, drive down the road and about 6 mins later (maybe earlier and I just notice) he was out!
So tonight he was doing the same thing. Partly I think because he took a really late afternoon nap, but it was 1030 and still not asleep. So I get him in the car and I figure I might as well take library books back while I am at it. Two birds with one stone, as it were. We get to unity pass on way to city center and a short 2 min or so organ classical piece plays. When it's done, Torben starts to clap and say, "Yea!" LOL My mom will love that! It was so cute.
Then we get to the library, and I pull up to book drop, dump in books, and see some stray kittens across the parking lot. One is sooo cute. (pretty sure if I could have caught it, I would have been in trouble for bring it home. It looked a little siamese.) When we drove off without one, boy was I in trouble with Torben! He cried and threw a fit. "Wan Cat!" Poor kid.
So I start heading back towards home. We get to the gas station down from out house. Torben has been hanging out with Daddy and going with him, so Torben now recognizes this gas station. .... He also recognizes that Daddy got him treats here the last couple times. ... Can you see where this is going? Yep, another fit. "I wan! I wan!" he says. Poor kid.
Then he realizes we are headed the direction of home. Does not want to go home, which is fine with me, since he is still awake. lol We keep going past home. Now we get down the road a little more and he now recognizes that this is the way to grandma and umpas house. (which we were just there for dinner.) So he says, "grandma, umpa house?" "No Torben".... poor kid. He's having a rough night.
I can tell from his yawning, that is becoming more frequent, that he is getting to that point of no return. Thank goodness, because so am I! So I head the route to do a big circle and head home. I get down one road and hear snoring but it sounds fake (sometimes you don't know with his snoring) so I turn on a light and look in the mirror.. sure enough, fake. Silly kid. But I get another 2 maybe 3 miles, and LO and Behold... he's out!!! I get home and open the door and he starts to wake up. Luckily he stays asleep as I put him to bed.
Now this process tonight took 30 min drive (round trip). Far cry from the 10 min round trip from the other night. But some really cute stuff from him tonight.
And now I can go to bed. AAhh soft, warm, comfy bed.

Comments

Popular Posts