Wedding dress

So here are some pictures along the way and here it is, almost done at 5:16 am on Thursday.

Why am I not in bed??!!! 2 days!!!

Here's Jen's dress so far.
















This is the dress with the veil so you can see it with the blue around the edge.


















OK so there is one that shows the end of the belt that will go around Jen's waist. It shows one end before and one after. I had to cut around the netting after I sewed it down.













Head piece of veil, detail matches

















End of belt after it was all done, way close up.



















Train when it was all pinned for sewing














Full train after






























This is the middle of the belt with detail. When I made the belt I wasn't thinking (or it was just too dang late, or a storm, or I will think of some excuse, like I have never made a wedding dress before) and so I didn't cut the material on the diagonal, or do the thing in 3 pieces so the seams would be on the sides. The things you learn for next time... yeah ... no next time. Anyway I had to make this to cover that seam, and I think it turned out beautifully!

Well I am pretty proud of myself, which is probably why I have been having so many issues with the dang thing! LOL After redoing the top, taking it apart for a 4th time, redoing the darts in the front like 5 times, I finally just made it work! I will not be winning any perfect awards, but it will do the job. I am bummed that the top had to be redone and now one seam is fully enclosed while the one I had to take apart is not. : ( Oh well. At this point I am just glad the dang thing is together enough that it looks like a dress!!
So I have to put in the zipper. I HAAAATTTEE invisible zippers, but I am thinking that after all the mess with the top that it will be a breeze. ROFL knock on wood!! I have to add the blue bottom and then put on the hook and eyes for the train.

Comments

Popular Posts