Snow.. then again... and again... when will it end??!

The beginning of last week was cold. I mean bitter cold! So I thought Lord can it please snow just to warm it up?
So we have had some, wait, guess.... yes snow! Just when I think I have finished shoveling and go to sleep then I wake up to find more snow. At first it was that nice fluffy snow that is light and easy to shovel. By this weekend it had turned to the wet heavy snow. I had to laugh in my head and tell myself that, I asked for snow. I just didn't tell God what kind I wanted. LOL I am sure He has a great sense of humor. As I am breaking my back, shoveling.
Our neighbor was out at the same time and I let her know she would want to move her car, that was on the street in front of her house soon. As the snow plow comes down the street I tell her, that is reason # 1, reason #2? the city ticket you can get. Anyway we had to dig out her wheels so she could get it out and park across the street, at the church parking lot that is cleared quite a bit. Then we both head back to shoveling. As we turn and look behind us and think, "Didn't I just do that part?" Because it was still snowing. Oh joy!
By the end of the weekend we had had about 6 inches. I am determined to get a snow blower this year. Hopefully they aren't all gone yet. Knowing my luck this year, they are. Or I will fall and break a leg before I can get to one. (see my Dec 2008 posting with snow pictures and tell me "DUH should have gotten one last year!" Would have paid for itself that night alone.)
The city came through and decided to "help" by plowing our little round about thing in front of our house. But instead of keeping close to the homes and pushing snow to the island they stayed close to the island and pushed the snow to our driveways. So we (I started and finally asked a couple neighbors to help) had to shovel the ends of the driveways that now had 2 feet of snow in front of them and the entrances to the round about. It took 1 1/2 hr to get it cleared so we could get our cars in and out of the round about and the driveway! So glad we did it last night though when it was still slushy. It froze last night after we were done. It all would have been hard as rock! Thank you neighbors!!!
The kids enjoyed the fact that I did not shovel the one side of the driveway the other night because the snow was so heavy and we have loaned our car to a friend so don't have one parked on that side.The kids realized that they could slide down the driveway and end up at that small hill of snow at the end to stop. Tanner got a Star Wars sled thing for his birthday last year and they use that. Going down, at first, on their stomach. To which Tanner exclaimed, "I feel like a penguin!" LOL Then they thought they would try standing on it like a snow board. Thank goodness they didn't break anything! They have been going over to the church across the street that has a couple small hills and sledding there. Although they went to the one on the far side of the church where they couldn't hear me call them home. So this driveway idea was great!
So for now the driveway (on the one side) is clear. The sidewalks are clear. And as far as I know, no snow for a small while anyway. ; ) It's only the beginning of the winter season though.

Comments

Popular Posts