3rd major thing this year, I'm done!

So I had my car accident in Jan, and then my cousin just a couple weeks ago. That was 1 and 2. So a week ago Sat I woke up in pain that was awful!! My upper left side of my abdomen. My friend Helen took me to the ER.
I have been having this pain on and off since after my gall bladder surgery when I was pregnant with Torben. I had it out right after Thanksgiving. I went back to surgeon and told him about it. He said if I still had pain after Torben to come back. He figured it was the baby crowding stuff. I just never went back. Silly me.
So at the ER I am thinking maybe I have something kinked or twisted and blocked. They did blood, urine, and CT scan. All normal. But the surgeon was on call and told the ER dr to have me call his office on Monday and make appt. I go with lortab. My friend that weekend! (And this weekend and week too) I am not one to usually go through all my pain meds for things like this. I have left over that I am saving for when we are all using our food storage in the dark ages and I need meds! MINE ALL MINE!!! Unless you want to trade for something that I want or need more. : )
By Sun night it has moved from upper left to lower left to all over to lower right. Luke says, I think it's your appendix. I say, it's probably just a cyst that has burst or leaked. I've had that before.
He says do you want to go in? (which means, he knew I was in a lot of pain and offered to take me in. BIG deal if you know he HATES to go to ER- partly the reason my friend took me sat am.)
I don't want to go and just get sent home because it's a cyst rupture that they can't do anything but give me lortab, which I already have. So I don't go in.
Monday I call wanting an appt that day, I am still in a lot of pain,not happening, dr not in on Mon. So Tues morning I go. Luke drives, as I am on Lortab still.
He says well where does it hurt.
me: All over
him: Point with one finger
me; (point to all over)
him:no just one finger, one spot.
me; well toss up between upper left and lower right.
He pushes and prods and makes it hurt worse. Then says he thinks it's my appendix. On the CT it looks on the bigger side of normal but normal. So it's off the the hospital (next door) for another CT. Luke takes boys to eat lunch. Asks if I want him to bring me anything. Nope, not feeling well and if it's my appendix, they don't want me to eat anything anyway, surgery and all.
Well it was my appendix. So a phone call to Luke to figure out kids and I am off to surgery. Nurse asks if I have any more questions or concerns after doing all the presurgery stuff. Yeah can I go home and not do this? She says sure but you will just be back her ein more pain later. Great! (Or dead) Now I am a week after and not hurting on the lower right but still hurting upper left.
I am thinking that is 3 HUGE things and things tend to come in 3's. So maybe I am done with big things for awhile. I hope! We'll see what dr says nexxt week.

Comments

stewbert said…
whoa. hope you recover quickly.

Popular Posts